How you can become or sponsor a Mental Health First Aider
Important notification – October 17th 20201 –
We are currently experience a problem with the our online booking facility for our MHFA courses. We apologise for this issue and expect to have this resolved very soon. Meanwhile, if you would like to make a booking for yourself or a team member(s), please email [email protected] and we can help you with this – thank you.
this We are delighted to announce that The Jordan Legacy CIC and Thrive Law have teamed up to work on a joint initiative, which aims to help 100 employees become Mental Health First Aiders during 2021.
Scroll down to see available course dates
Our aim is to train at least 100 people during 2021. In line with The Jordan Legacy and Thrive’s combined mission of making a practical difference, this initiative is not just about training up MHFA’s and then leaving them to fend for themselves, as often, some organisations are unable to provide MHFA’s with the support they need, especially where there are only one or two members of staff being trained.
“Absolutely amazing course. Not only have I developed a massive understanding around mental health and supporting those in a number of situations, I know how to further look after myself and somehow feel mentally refreshed leaving the course.”
This online training seeks to deliver:
- Access to high quality, certified MHFA training
- A supportive community of MHFAs
- Post training follow up and support for all MHFAs through this scheme
- Seeks to deliver a strong MHFA community peer group, to continually improve their skills and knowledge whilst learning from one another
Normally the cost of the MFHA training alone is £300 plus VAT (£360). The good news is, that we are able to provide the MHFA training, together with the additional community and peer to peer support for £399 inclusive of VAT (for £39 more you know your MHFA staff have extra support following on from their training)
“All of my course mates were so vital to my learning, we all had such unique experiences, everyone was so lovely. The knowledge I have is to important and I am proud to know I could deal with a situation should it arise to the best of my ability.”
About this course
What’s more, you’ll gain an understanding of how to support positive wellbeing and tackle stigma in the world around you. This online course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
- Certification to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
“From a learning perspective, I found the material very comprehensive and clear, with easy to remember diagrams and acronyms, which gives me confidence I will be able to apply what I learned going forward even if in a distant future.”
- This is an online course delivered through the MHFA England Online Learning Hub
- Learning takes place through four live training sessions, spread across two days and includes self-learning activities
- Each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan
Course Dates 2021
November 2nd and 3rd (Tues-Wed) – available to book now – online course (limited places available)
December 2021 – no course available
New course dates for 2022
February 1st and 2nd (Tues-Wed)
March 15th and 16th (Tues-Wed)
April 26th and 27th (Tues-Wed)
How to book onto any of these courses
Each course is limited in size to the first 14 people to secure their place – course places do fill quickly.
This course is open to anyone and we often have people living outside of the UK attending. If you are attending the course outside of the UK, kindly note we will require a UK registered address for these to be posted to, in order for your company/employer to then post this onto you.
“To say Tara (our MHFA England trainer) was ‘very good’ is a disservice to her – she deserves ‘excellent’ because of her warm and welcoming approach as well as her expertise as a facilitator; everyone on the course was great to work with for the two days and I can’t recommend enough that people should attend. It felt invaluable and I’ll always remember these skills no matter what setting I’m in. Thank you for everyone involved in making this possible but especially Tara”